Friday, October 19, 2012

Waxing Poetic about a Bargain


I have a thing for apple-scented candles. I like things that smell like apple pie -- it's very "homey" to me. Especially in the fall.

I was in Walmart over the weekend and just happened to pass through the candle section. I remember reading on someone's blog out there in Internet land that there was a great apple-scented candle in Walmart for a bargain price. And I found it! It's "Mulled Cider." It smells fantastic, as good as a more expensive candle.

And guess how much this 20-ounce jar candle cost? A mere $5. Can you believe that?

It smells far better than this over-priced mistake:


I bought this candle from my daughter's school fundraiser. The catch was that the wooden wick emits a crackling sound when burning, which made me think "Oh! Like a fireplace!" But that was ridiculous to expect. The crackle is only audible if you get close enough to set your hair on fire. I'm embarrassed to even tell you how much I paid for this. And the scent is just OK.

For now, I'm sticking with the Walmart candle.

No comments:

Post a Comment