Potty training is looming on the horizon in our house. Buddy Twin is definitely ready; he acknowledges his bodily functions, has peed on the potty before a bath and other times, and frankly, if I get my butt in gear I think he could be trained.
Bunny Twin, on the other hand, wants NOTHING to do with the potty. Except wear Pull-Ups. She saw me try one on her brother and wanted one too.
So, we are ready to start the journey with my boy twin. We have potties, potty seats, a portable potty seat, Pull-Ups. We just need Mommy to start setting a timer to get the routine in check. And then, perhaps, Bunny Twin will see her brother and want to follow suit.
I've been doing some research here and there about potty training twins, and I thought I would share some links with you (and as a result, bookmark them for myself :)
- About.com's Top Ten Tips for Potty Training Twins
- What to Expect's tips for potty training twins
- iVillage column on how a mom trained her twins
- Parents magazine article with advice from an expert
- Real life experience with funny moments at TwinParenthood.com
- List of essentials needed for potty training twins
- One mom's blog post about training her twins