Friday, July 13, 2012

Simple Summer Supper

I'm not food stylist or food photographer, but you get it, right?

Sometimes it's best not to overthink things. Like dinner.

I was out of ideas for supper, Hubby was golfing and I wanted to have a quick easy meal.

I had a wealth of pasta on hand, but I didn't want another tomato sauce-laden meal. I wanted pasta without sauce, light and easy. I had a bunch of grape tomatoes on hand, so I just cut them in half, cooked them in olive oil and garlic with some onions, and mixed it in with some bow-tie pasta. Parmesan cheese and fresh basil from the garden finished it off.

Light and simple and easy and a break from pasta with tomato sauce, which has become a frugal staple in this house. Improvising solved a meal dilemna that night and didn't cut into the food budget by succumbing to take-out!

No comments:

Post a Comment