Monday, July 23, 2012

Adding Color


Life can be pretty gray sometimes, with all its mundane tasks and responsibilities and obligations and twists and turns. And although I will never turn a blind eye to it all, I'm trying to add some color to the insanity of it all, crossing things off our summer bucket list. Cleaning up the closets and rooms that are getting on my nerves. Planning ahead and making life easier.

Friday was a dreary, rainy day, but oh, how we needed that rain! We had a horrible heatwave and it was starting to get on my nerves -- it was humid and hot, yet everything growing in the yard seemed so dry... The rain was a wlecome end to the heat, and by Friday night, the cool air felt so good! On Saturday night, Big Girl and I went to a local park for an outdoor movie, and it was actually quite chilly when the sun went down.

Big Girl watches the start of "Toy Story 2" under a warm blanket.
Big Girl turns 10 on Thursday! 10!!!! I truly cannot believe it. My little girl is a decade old. It seems practically impossible, but it's true. Time flies...

As you might imagine, I am in the midst of birthday planning... We are inviting a few friends over in two weeks for a party and I'm hoping that summer vacation plans don't get in the way of her friends being able to attend the fun. She wants a pool/mythology party. Yes, you read that right. Mythology. It's a end result of being obsessed with Rick Riordan's "Percy Jackson" books. I'm got some creative planning ahead of me. I've been "pinning" ideas on Pinterest :)

Potty training is looming for the little ones, who are now 2 1/2 and starting to acknowledge bathroom signs. I guess I'll be pinning ideas for potty training twins too :) Look for a post on that in the future!

And in other news: I'm a featured blogger on Multiples and More tomorrow! Be sure to click on the link for my interview.





No comments:

Post a Comment