Thursday, August 9, 2012

Big Top Cupcake!


A few years ago, Big Girl was fascinated by the "Big Top Cupcake" infomercial. I finally indulged her whim and found the silicone baking pans at a local Rite Aid pharmacy in the "As Seen on TV" aisle.

We haven't used it a great deal, but we did pull it out this past weekend. We had a small family birthday party for her on Sunday, and although I had leftover cupcakes from her "friend" party, I wanted to make a little cake for her celebration. I asked her if she watned a big cupcake, and she said yes.


Our giant Poseidon on waves cupcake.
Primitive decorating but homemade with love.
The kit is simple enough to use. For Sunday's giant cupcake, I only used one cake mix, which makes a smaller cake. Ideally, you would need two cake mixes, but you then only put 2/3 of that batter into the molds. (The rest can make extra cupcakes.)
Here's a few other giant cupcakes I've made. Here's the first time we made one: chocolate cake, with buttercream icing, and we used the filling insert to fill it with icing and sliced strawberries.

First attempt at a big cupcake, just for fun. (2010)
Not long after, I made a "barn" cupcake for my nephew's birthday, which had a farm theme. I think it turned out so cute:
"Barn" giant cupcake for my nephew's 1st birthday. It came out so cute!
There are so many ways you can decorate the giant cupcake. I searched on Pinterest for a few ideas that I may re-create in the future. How about an Elmo cupcake?


Or a cupcake-on-cupcake?
Source: par-ty.com via Kellie on Pinterest

Or a Christmas tree:

I do love the Christmas tree!

The twins' birthday is in December, and I'm thinking two big cupcakes might in order for their party. I like it when they have their own cakes, so perhaps we will have two different giant cupcakes. One for each.

No comments:

Post a Comment