Tuesday, November 6, 2012

V*O*T*E




Today's the day! I'm a little late in posting but I wanted to send a reminder out to everyone to vote today. I had to post this picture of the twins when they were smaller. They were already showing their civic pride!

I can't tell you how important it is to me to vote. It is such a privilege that many people do not have. I registered to vote when I was 18 years old and I am a regular voter in local, state and national elections. Although it is amazing to be able to cast a ballot to elect the President of the United States, I hope everyone who reads this realizes how important the "smaller" elections are as well. Be involved.

I guess my interest in politics and being aware has rubbed off on my oldest. This is what she ASKED to do today on her day off from school:


Yes, that is my daughter waving signs in the freezing cold weather. She wanted to be involved in some way today, and since my dad is involved in our town's Republican party, she teamed up with him. Although I think she is too young to choose a "side" just yet, I will support her interest! I hope it lasts long into future and that she is an informed, aware adult who seeks out fair news coverage to form her opinions.
Don't forget to VOTE TODAY!
There's still plenty of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment