Monday, November 12, 2012

A Bit of Time

I will likely be taking a few days off from posting. I have so much to do -- many work assignments are keeping me busy and I am always grateful for work. Life is also a little big crazy right now; I have a lot on my plate as far as things to do in my house, volunteer obligations, and this weekend my husband started work on fixing our bathroom, which has created a bit of upheaval in this home and a large hole in my bathroom ceiling. Luckily today was a day off from school, so I was able to spend time outside with the children and my mother raking the ridiculous amount of leaves that were cluttering up the front and side yards. It's good to be among the sun and earth sometimes.

Busy schedule aside, I am also very preoccupied: I lost a former co-worker this past week to suicide and it has deeply affected me. This person was the last person I would have expected to take his own life. It is so puzzling, so incomprehensible! Why? Why would someone do this? There are so many questions and so few answers. My community of current and former work colleagues have been shaken to the core by this tragedy. We just cannot fathom how this happened. He leaves behind a wife and four children. Please say a prayer for this poor family as they deal with this unspeakable event in their lives.

I had already put together a post about Thanksgiving that I'll put up later this week; keep checking back for it. And if I have time to write, and feel inspired, I will post something soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment