Monday, March 4, 2013

Look for the Light


There are times when the world seems dark and lonely. There are moments when times are tough, hearts are broken, days are long, and one feels like they are drowning in their own problems.

But when these times happen, it helps to try and still see something promising. Something hopeful.

First, you realize that although you feel kind of down, others have it worse. You realize some family and friends are facing health problems. Or that a mother has lost her child. Or that another has no support when times are tough. Or that another has financial issues deeper than your own. Or there are others who are truly alone on a daily basis.

And then you start to count your blessings; simple things like a roof over your head, a freezer full of food, clothes in the closet, the ability to function and comfort others, to receive the gift of a smile or a laugh.

But my biggest blessings are my three children. I cannot express how lucky I am to have them in my life, as trying as that life can sometimes be with twin toddlers.

Their hugs and kisses and kind words are better than anything on earth. I am truly, truly and completely, blessed beyond belief, and not a day goes by that I don't thank God for what He has given me.

So when life gets you down, find something to celebrate. Find ways to see how your life is blessed compared to others. Don't dwell on the darkness; look for the light.

And more light will shine down on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment