Thursday, March 14, 2013

A New Pope, and A New Hope


So we have a new Pope!

I watched the whole spectacle yesterday afternoon, hoping to be home to witness it. And I was. I have to say, I do love the pomp and circumstance and tradition and ritual of the church. It is beautiful.

Pope Francis gives me a good vibe and I like that. I like his simpleness. And I like his new chosen name. (Who doesn't have a statue of St. Francis in her garden?) I hope that the name is a sign that he will reform and fix my church. I know it is wishful thinking that he will modernize the church, but I can hope. I do think priests should be allowed to marry; women should be allowed higher roles in the church; that divorced people are not "punished" because sometimes it is not a choice to be divorced; that the sex scandals of the church not be covered up. There are so many things that can be improved in my faith and would increase the numbers of people who would continue to be connected to the Catholic Faith.

So we begin a new era. Love live and God bless Pope Francis. The world looks to you now.

No comments:

Post a Comment