Monday, June 18, 2012

School's Out!

Today is the last day of school!!! Woo hoo! I don't know who needs it more -- Big Girl or me... We have a whole 77 days off before she heads into 5th grade. This weekend I made a summer bucket list of 50 things to do this summer. The list has everything from programs for Big Girl and places to visit to skills to learn, crafts to make and recipes to bake. I thought 50 things was kind of crazy, but Big Girl wanted it every longer. I told her we needed to keep it manageable and that we probably wouldn't even do it all anyway, but it's fun to try. I'll be taking a break from this blog for a week, or possibly two, depending on how things go in this house. I have several work assignments to concentrate on, and I would like to get the house in order after all the end-of-school chaos. I also want to get on a schedule with having Big Girl home every day again. We need to distribute a few chores her way! And then there's the issue that we've been having some computer issues in this house. We need to clean up our desktop due to a nasty virus, and my laptop is not predictable, so I'm saving my computer time for paid work assignments right now. I've been enjoying blogging and I hope everyone enjoys reading. It is a good outlet for me. This past week has been a little weird, as hits to this blog spiked after my post on Kate Gosselin. I thought it was kind of odd how crazy everyone got after that post, between the comments and hits to that post. But clearly my statement about Kate being a polarizing figure was correct! I'll be back before you know it, and I have a lot to blog about this summer! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment