Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Milestone Birthday Gifts



My sister-in-law recently turned 40 and I wanted to give a cute gift. I couldn't afford 40 diamonds or 40 bottles of wine, etc., so I started searching Pinterest for something cute. I made the little above jar of bubblegum, and attached a gift card for $40 on the top. I thought my little bubblegum gift was pretty cute and colorful, and everything, except the gift card, came from the dollar store, of course!

In my search I came across a few other "milestone" gifts -- you can make them work for any milestone birthday, like 30, 40, 50, etc. There were many variations on Pinterest for this one:



Some pins were of the lollipops in jars, in buckets, in flower pots, shaped as flowers, etc. The sentiment was always the same: "(INSERT AGE) SUCKS!"

Of course, any variation on the birthday number is fun: For 40, try 40 cards, 40 instant lottery scratch-offs, 40 anything. Or put together a gift basket in memory of the year the person was born.

This gift is also pretty creative: A "Bucket List Scrapbook."



Each page has a different adventure, and leaves room for notes and photos. Some of the options can include "Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain," "Swim with the sharks," "Ride a mechanical bull," "Take your children to Disney World," and more more. You can find out more about it here.

7 comments:

  1. Send online imported flowers to Pakistan to your loved one. Send birthday flowers to Lahore. Send Anniversary beautiful flowers to Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad or all over Pakistan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just might want to offer a colossal go-ahead for the considerable information you have here on this post. I will return to your blog for all the more soon.
    Birthday Wish Whatsapp Status

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. Buy Discounted Gift Card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's bound to be a present that will interest him. As long as you keep in mind the particular interests of the man you are shopping for, you can't go wrong. Interested to know more about new christmas gift ideas? browse this site.

    ReplyDelete